Friday, April 15, 2005

Shall we _____________?

You must ask yourself this question in your life at some point.

What provoked this? I just finished viewing the movie shall we dance. Wow, I thought this would be a good movie, but I didn't realize that it would more than just another pretty woman, or runaway bride or maid in manhattan type movie. Meaning this, unrealistic, fairy tale movies that chicks dig. This movie to me provoked thoughts of my reality. I guess that is why it meant so much.

I am much like the wife in this movie for one. We (eric and I ) run a well oiled machine. We have a wonderful life. We are well on our way to living and dying by the American dream. We are happy. I am threatned by anything Eric does without me because I am afraid. Even though he does things without me, I don't like it. Like tonight he is camping without me. It drives me crazy. Does this mean I want him to stop doing those things? No, of course not. I am becoming to realize that there are certain things that he is good at and loves that I can't or don't want to participate in. I love hiking and camping, but not as much as he does. I love music, but I suck at it. I am learning, especially after watching this film, that we need to do things that fufill our lives. It is not that I am not enough for him, but I am not the only thing in his life that makes him happy. Like right now I have no one at home. At first, I was somewhat depressed, but after watching the movie I was watching, I am not. I love movies, theatre, and anything related to that sort of thing.

The commentary or special feature interviews are wonderful to.


I am much like the other character the husband (Richard Gere) because I am at a point that I am ashamed to admit that sometimes, I am not happy. I have a lot. I am blessed. I was born to parents who taught me about God and his son. I have a wonderful hubby, two wonderful daughters, a great house, dog and 2 cars. One should be happy with this right. Every so often, I get unhappy. I believe this is becuase I am at a stand still. I am not experiencing life, God or anything. Life is supposed to be our journey to grow closer to being who we are supposed to be. WE never arrive, until we die. I believe that God gives us desires in our life to make us better people or make us more the person he wants us to be. I try to live a transparent life. I don't have a false relationship with Christ most of the time. Every step I take I try to take it truly with honesty. I want to be me. I am so happy that God can guide me by using any manner of his creating he chooses. Some people can learn things by doing, some by watching, some by hearing. god is the best teacher on the planet.


So, did I gain all this from a movie. I learned bits and pieces on this journey of life.

Robert Frost put it best.



Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference

No comments: