Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The sound of laughter that is directed toward you in most cases would not be a positive thing. But for a comedian it is infectious. I did a improv show tonight. The lines were great. The audience was great. It was a good time.

On and off all day, I was getting mentally prepared to work. Just to get in the mind frame of improv. I spent an hour or so getting ready and then it was off to the show. Before the show, I was a little nervous. Once I got on stage and things got rolling, I felt a lot better. The show was on tonight. Energy was good and we rocked the world. There were a few things that I still am working through, but I am getting there. I am fighting through it. Not looking at the person I am in the scene with all of the time and realizing there is an audience out there. I am learning that preparation for me works. I am learning that if I am prepared as an improv artist, it works. And when your doing improv with people who want you to succeed that makes all of the difference. Just having a place to build trustworthy relationship with people is awesome and really there are no word beyond that to describe what you experience.


There will be more shows this weekend. I wont be preforming this weekend, but I will be there cheering my fellow improvers on.

No comments: