Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Funny ?

I have been studying improv for about 6 months with face to face improv troop. It has been a blast. I never thought that I would be good at improv because I am not quick witted. I normally can't think at all, but thinking quickly wow what a riot. I always wanted to be one of those funny people that could drop a line and have everyone laugh till they wet there pants, but I never thought that could be possible. I always loved to tell stories or events that occurred in my life to folks, but never in a million years did I think that it would turn into a passion. I am learning at 37 (the same age Phyllis Diller started stand up) that I am funny in some weird twisted sick way. I am learning all of those people that do stand up or improv work really hard at it. Doing stand up or improv requires you to think 24 hours a day. You see people or situations and you think hmmm that would make a great character or hmmmm that seems like it would be great to add in a sketch.


The point of this rambled post is to public admit to myself that I have stumble onto a world of wonder and amazement and there are possibilities for me to be funny and other people enjoy it. There are opportunities that I never thought possible.

Some say laughter is the best medicine. I say laugh on at the funny people.

No comments: