Saturday, September 08, 2007

Butterflies.

A Butterfly is amazing. I often see them when I walk on the greenway. There beautiful. I began to think of how we are like butterflies emotionally.

Egg - A butterfly starts its life as an egg.
Larva - The larva (caterpillar) hatches from an egg and eats leaves or flowers almost constantly. The caterpillar molts (loses its old skin) many times as it grows.
Pupa - It turns into a pupa (chrysalis); this is a resting stage.
Adult - A beautiful, flying adult emerges. There is no growth during this stage. This adult will continue the cycle and reproduce.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/butterflies/lifecycle/

Butterflies live on a cycle. As humans, we often live the same cycle, only repetitively.

I can only speak for myself, but there are times in my life that I feed my soul through many outlets. Then there are times that I rest and then there are times that I fly and soar and become beautiful. I was reminded of this as I was struggling to make a decision. As I prayed to ask God to give me direction and peace, He spoke to me through his creation.

I began to realize that in this area, that I am in the larva stage and I must allow myself to go through this cycle of growth and I must realize that the day will come that I will soar.

No comments: