Monday, September 03, 2007

Neil Simon

I have been reading several of Neil Simon"s plays. So I went to the Library and found vol 2 of the Collected Plays of Neil Simon. The introduction was written by him. It was amazing. It really ties in to where I am on my journey. He tells a story about going to opening night of one of his plays. A little old lady came up to him and said shame on you Mr. Simon, Shame on you. He began to realize that he had to be happy with his work and everyone else did not. There were several parts in this introduction of only 9 pages that just made me say wow. So now I am about to read the second selection from the book called the Gingerbread Lady. I am going to try to read as many of his plays as possible, then it is on to Woody Allen next I think. We shall see.

No comments: