Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I have been thinking, I know it is scary, but

I began my day today as usual with 1 cup of cherios and 1/2 cup of 2%milk. Got the girls school work started then preceded to clean up our bedroom. I am preparing to have a yard sale so I decided to clean out my closet a little. I came across a lot of sentimental things like cards and pictures. I saw photos of the girls when they were small and it really made me realize how big they are getting. They are beginning to ask more serious questions, and think of more serious things. It is a bitter sweet moment really. You think first that you are proud of what God has helped you raise and then you think they are not even going to think twice about you in a couple of years. As a parent it is your goal to raise self suficient human beings that have good values and morals and will impact the world in some small way, but the selfish side want them to remain in awe of who you are.

I also came across some things I had been given by Eric. It made me realize that we have come a long way together. This year we will be married 12 years. We still love each other. We still want to be around each other and the times we don't, we are ok with that to. We have seperate intrest, but we are intrested in what each other is doing. We have a great friendship/ relationship.

As I waited to pick up my glasses today, I ran across an article about Jamie Lee Curtis in some magazine. It had some pretty good wisdom in it. She said now is not her time. Most people hit a mid life crisis and think that it is there time and the kids are hitting teenage years about the same time. She talked about how it is her children's time to be the star. I really began to think about that in regards to what I want out of life. I have made some sacrifices as a parent in regards to my own personal life. Yeah I wanted to be a mom, wife, etc. I have given up my career to homeschool my own children. I love it though. I wouldn't change a thing. I have had clear direction up until this point. I don't know what we will do next year. I don't know if we will continue to homeschool or not. Time will tell. I have a couple of months to decide. I really want to wait and get there test results back.


Well thus the conclusion of my thoughts. I am pretty happy with the way my life has turned out. I wished we would have been stronger finincial at this point, but you can't have everything.

No comments: