Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What a crazy weekend and week!!!!!!!

I am so devastated by the whole weather thing. I am to the point that I can't even watch the news anymore. I get so depressed and I start crying every time I sit down and watch the news. Seriously I do. I feeling very moved. I even said out loud today that I was going to get in my car and drive down there an pick up all of those little kids and babies that are without water and get them some. For me I feel for the kids the most. They had no choice to stay or go. They live with their parents choices. How sad that they have no water, food or toys to play with.

Heidi has been watching the news with me and she was moved to do something. She wanted to go tell the people down their that God loves them when she got older. I motivated her to do something to show the people God's love. With a little help from me, she has decided to take a couple of gallon jars to school and collect money from all of her schoolmates and donate the money to some fund to help the hurricane victims. All of this was very moving to me, but I was really moved when she brought her last weeks allowance and put it in the jar. How sweet is that.

A friend of mine who is not very wealthy at all has had 5 family members move in with him for who knows how long. They are from slidell pretty much where the hurricane came in or where the surge hit really big. I really feel for him and have decided to try to raise a little money from friends to help out with his grocery bill. That is tough. Here you are trying to make ends meet working hard and then you get 5 more attachments. That is just hard. Hopefully, I will be able to help him out a little myself.

We all definitely have something to be thankful for that is for sure.

1 comment:

Java Boo Boo said...

yeah a guy i work with today was telling me, he has close relatives in Mississippi and things are just crazy in terms of the chaos and everything.