Sunday, July 08, 2007

My first successful writing session

Our church schedule was changed due to the fire at the brewery where we usually meet. We met at 5 this evening at a church in South Huntsville. So I spent the morning cleaning and writing. It was fun for the first time. As suggested by the book I am reading, I took a noun and developed it. I wrote 2.5 pages about. It was cool to see the idea develop and go from there. I have to write and rewrite, but over all I have learned some valuable lessons this session. Write about what you know and relate to. Apply the principals of acting to this as well. Be truthful, in the moment. If someone is going to look bad, make it be you. Use your defects to poke fun at. As I am top heavy and bottom heavy and short. Don't let people be the ones to notice, you point it out and use it. Tremendous book. The Idiots Guide to Comedy Writing. (How do you underline in this format?)

So I have decided as I exercise, meditate, every day, I will write as well. I exercise 30 minutes at least, I meditate all day mostly. Instead of spending time watching people do what I want to do, I am going to do it. This is my accountability. My statement of purpose.

No comments: