Tuesday, July 10, 2007

They are growing up!!!

Sleeping Bags, pillows, suitcases, and a whole lot of chatter. Put all of that together, and you get camp. I remember camp as a kid. There was nothing like it. Good friends, food and entertainment. This morning, the oldest of the two kids went to her first camp. I can't believe that she is 4 hours away. Granted, she is 12, but she is still my baby. My sister went as a counselor and this helped the agony. I know she will watch her like a hawk. It is still so unreal for me to realize that I have a 12 year old. They slip away to quickly. I am sure my parents feel the same way. On the other side, I am left at home with 1 child who is 10. She already misses her sister. This will be good to spend some time alone with her. She deserves it really. I hope to make it a memorable week for her as well.

No comments: