Monday, July 02, 2007

To write or not to write...

Ok to write.

I have been talking to several people about writing lately. I think I want to try stand up comedy. Ok that felt weird coming out with it just like that. I feel real vulnerable.


Anyway, I have been thinking of different things that I find funny, and I have been thinking of who makes me laugh. I find people messing up funny because they are just like me. I mess up all the time. I find Robin Williams funny and he keeps my attention. I find kids laughing funny. There is such beauty in that. The point is that I find a lot of things funny for a lot of different reasons. So the writing world is mine.


I laugh at myself all the time. I was told by a friend of mine the other day. Wendy, you are really funny. Maybe I am, but I am not willing to admit it yet.

I got a book tonight at the bookstore about writing comedy. The first tip is Don't try to make people laugh with what you write, but write what makes you laugh and then others will follow.

Where will this lead? That is a great question. I will be staying tuned in to see.

I was a little disappointed that there was no improv tonight. Oh well I had class by myself at home. lol. Once you begin this improv bit, it consumes your everyday life. You live moment to moment.


I did walk and swim today for exercise. That was good. The diet was not so good today. I am not even going to list what I consumed, but hopefully I burned it off. I have to do better tomorrow. Well until then.

No comments: