Thursday, October 28, 2004

Lots Going On In My Mind

To many things going on in my head today.

I started off eating breakfast and watching Good Morning America. I was just flipping and I saw something about Grand Theft Auto on there. To make a long story short. The discussion was about kids using this game as a training session to live out the game in real life. I was sitting there while they discussed how it was the industries fault that these kids were allowed to buy these games. I was dumbfounded. The guy in support of the game said exactly what I was thinking. He was like as a parent if you don't know what your kids top 5 video games that they play are there is the problem. IT is true it is all about parenting today. People pop out babies and want other people to be responsible in educating them. They want society to determine the morals for their kids rather than being active in their kids lives and determining that themselves.

Had a nice lunch with Michelle today. We discussed kind of what I have been blogging about, love, genuine people, and being open to people. It was nice and edifying. She is a very edifying person to be around. She always lifts me up. She cool.


I am learning that in my life, I need to surround myself with people like her that 1. Don't try to change me. 2. Are positive, 3. Are genuinely concerned about what God wants for their life. 4. Are genuine in who they are and not afraid to let people see their short comings. For me that is what a real person does. It is not the Webster's definition for it, but for ME that is what it means.

Well must go do some laundry and house work before going to my 3 job. 1 being housewife, 2. pe teacher, 3 being office depot employee.


1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hey, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rocks!

But, it's DEFINITELY NOT for kids. It's like playing through a hardcore gangster movie from the early 90s (like Boyz N the Hood)...

Parents who let their kids play this stuff, in my opinion, are irresponsible.

I hate it when people blame the games. If I let kailyn play it, it's my fault, not the game manufacturers... I can play it and separate fiction from reality...kids can't always do that...