Wednesday, October 06, 2004

What a crappy day

You ever feel like nothing is going well? You ever just wake up and wonder what the heck you are doing with your life? That is the kind of afternoon I had yesterday and the kind of morning I am having. I just am so frustrated with a lot of things. Call me needy, whiny that is fine. Nothing like teaching kids about God's forgiveness and then having to practice what you preach during the week by forgiving people who have done wrong to you. Even if they didn't even ask for it. That is supposed to make me feel good right, well I am still waiting for that feel good moment. I am so tired of fighting the financial battle to. I feel like today that I need to go get another job on top of my new one so that I never have to worry about money again. Dang, I might even get 3 jobs. I am tired of everything in my life right now at this moment, but I would miss it if God pulled a Job on me. I guess that is what they call bitter sweet. I feel like I am rambling, but that comes with frustration. I don't feel appreciated in my life at work, home, or elsewhere. Politics is driving me insane. Who do these people think they are? They sit in Washington saying there is poverty, unemployment, no healthcare. If they all would take a 10% pay cut they could probably take care of all those problems. That would be 7, 500,000 dollars that could be used very well.

When Gore was vice p he made 181, 400 annually

Bill Clinton makes $200,000 and gets additional money in various expense accounts. However, in September 1999, President Clinton signed legislation that will increase the presidential salary to $400,000, effective January 2001

Currently the total pay for all members of Congress is about $75 million.

Senate and House majority and minority leaders: $156,900
Other senators and representatives: $141,300

Although, they don't make a bundle, in the private sector, they make more. So they sit high on the hog really. Maybe if the salary of the President was lowered instead of increased, we would save a little.

Well, that about covers my frustrations I guess. I have to get busy and do some of that rewarding house work that I get to do everyday. Then I have to go to my job where I am appreciated beyond measure. Then I get to come back home and go to bed and start again tomorrow. Woohoo. I am thrilled.

No comments: